26 December, 2006

Christmas was great!

Yesterday was an incredible day. Christmas always is, but it was incredible to be in the States. It's been two years! It was awesome to be with family, see my cousins tear into presents with the excitement all little kids have, eat apple pie and my mom's big dinner (yeah, in that order...what can I say? :o) ), and sit talking about the Lord, how great He is, and just enjoy a celebration where nobody's drunk and we're actually all together worshipping God!



What a great day. I got to talk with my Russian dad (the guy in the picture - this was taken Christmas 2005), too. We chatted for about half an hour - it was great! I miss that guy. I miss everyone in Russia! He mentioned something cool - there's a possibility we'll be getting a cell phone this year (Shawna and I); a new company is building towers in our region, which is great, 'cause they offer some awesome int'l rates. We'll see - at any rate, it was just great to talk with him, and hear news from my Russian 'home'.

I'm heading out to Crooked River Ranch to spend a week with my awesome uncle, aunt, and cousins. We're gonna have lots of fun (well, *my* idea of fun) - watching reruns of the Andy Griffith Show (my Christmas presents! :o)), Little House on the Prairie, Home Improvement, and, oh yeah - the Rocky movies. Besides that we'll be holding ultimate wrestling championships (my 10-year old and 7-year-old cousins against me), pillow wars, Nintendo competitions, and Phase 10 to-the-death matches. I've been looking forward to this all year!!!

Enjoy your week, and keep your eyes ever on the Faithful One - He is worthy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Enjoy!!!!! :-) Jenni. I love how God is giving you joy in whatsoever state or country you are in. I pray for strength. :-)